Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Healthy snacking made easy!

I'm all for snacking throughout the day. And, since I'm home almost all day with my little mister, I find myself continuously snacking during the day! I try (though not always successfully) to make my snacks healthy, because again, whatever I eat, my guy eats too! So, here are some of my favorite snacks! There are a few that I haven't tried yet, so if you try them before me...let me know how they are! (I will put a ** next to those I haven't eaten yet)

-Apples and peanut butter
*One variation that I have seen is to mix PB, plain Greek yogurt, honey and cinnamon for a dip. I've been meaning to try this for awhile now!
-Bananas with chocolate sauce drizzled on top
-Roasted green beans with Parmesan on top
-*Carrot fries-these sound so good!
-Red pepper hummus with diced tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta cheese over top. Eat with tortilla chips!
-A fruit, yogurt and granola parfait
-Trail mix-mix whatever you want in them!
-Cornbread and honey
- Fruit salads-mix whatever fruits you have on hand, or those that are in season
-Veggies and dip (I'll admit, this is NOT my favorite snack)
-Smoothies
-Apple chips
-Cheese and crackers
-Chips and salsa
-Fruit salsa- Dice kiwi, strawberries, and apples very finely and mix with a drizzle of honey and lemon juice. Eat with homemade cinnamon tortilla chips (brush tortillas with butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 400 until crisp!)
-*granola bars
-*Frozen fruit cups
Hopefully this gives you some ideas for good, healthy, and yummy snacks!
What are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment