Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cookie Dough Truffles

I'm back, and am armed with a few new recipes that I tried over the holiday season. I definitely ate too many cookies, and too many other candies...and now I think that I'm all sweetsed out for now! Anyway, I wanted to share one of my all time favorite Christmas candies with you. My mom made these when I was younger, and recently while I was going through her old Taste of Home magazines, I found them! I quickly clipped them out and stuck them into the holiday section of my big binder of recipes. So, here they are!
Cookie Dough Truffles:
(Please remind me to start taking pictures of my food so that I can be sure to show you how yummy they look!)
1/2 C Butter, softened
3/4 C Brown Sugar
2 C Flour
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C Chocolate Chips
1/2 C Nuts (Optional)
1-1/2 lbs chocolate candy coating
Cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Shape into 1" balls and place on waxed paper. Let sit somewhere cold for 1-2 hours. Melt dipping chocolate and dip balls into it. Place on waxed paper and refrigerate until firm. Try not to eat them all at once! They are soo good, but pretty rich. This recipe makes about 6 dozen...so you'll be set for awhile! Oh, and they freeze really well, so maybe before you're tempted to eat them all right away, throw some in the freezer for later.
More recipes coming this week...I'm working on making up a list of foods for the month of January as I'm starting school up next week! Over this next weekend I plan on assembling about 15 meals (some will be cooked and frozen, others will be put together so that they're ready to go into the crock pot). I will be sure to let you know how it goes, and hopefully I will remember to take lots of pictures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment