Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Apple Chips

A few months ago I went to the Co-op and bought a bag of apple chips. Now I know that drying fruit makes them less healthy, but really isn't it better than eating a candy bar? I had completely forgotten about them until I stumbled across this blog and found a recipe for them! I've made them a few times, and am trying to experiment with different types of apples. So far, the gala apple has tasted the best, but I'm wondering if a granny smith apple would be even better...and add a slightly sour taste! Anyway, here's the recipe:
Apple Chips
1-2 apples, sliced about 1/8" thick (I actually like mine a little bit thicker!)
Cinnamon
Sugar
Preheat your oven to 225 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchament paper, and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over top of apples as well (I don't use a lot because apples are pretty sweet anyway!). Bake for 1-2 hours. Check them after an hour-they should be crispy around the edges and a little bit soft on the inner part (They will get crispier when they sit out). Store in an airtight container for a few days.
These are so good-I'm sure they won't last long!

No comments:

Post a Comment