Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Tator Tot Hot Dish

Here is our house, we love comfort foods. You know, those foods that make you feel all warm and fuzzy? Things that your mom used to make when it was cold outside...or Thanksgiving foods! I had completely forgotten about this post, until I saw it when I uploaded pictures! Today, I'm sharing my super simple, one pot meal...tator tot hotdish!

Here's what you need:
ground beef (1-2 lbs)
1 bag of frozen mixed veggies
1 bag of tator tots
1/4 C Butter (or oil)
1/4 C Flour
3-4 C chicken stock (you could also use beef!)


 See how yummy that looks?

First, you want to brown the hamburger in a cast iron skillet. Then, drain off the grease. Add in your butter, and let it melt. Then add in the flour. Stir this until it's combined and then let it cook for a minute or two longer. Next, slowly stir in the chicken broth, until you get the consistency that you like. Add in the frozen veggies. At this point, you may need to add in some more chicken stock, because the veggies will make the gravy thicken up a bit. After that, you can throw on the tator tots...OR you can arrange them in a nice, and pretty way like I did.


:) The design could also be because I have a small amount of OCD in me...

Now, I did not realize how the lighting was on EITHER of these pictures was until I put them on here...but I suppose they will still work! I love this recipe...mainly because it's so easy, and I don't have to use cream of anything soup. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment