Thursday, July 26, 2012

Steamed salmon for lunch!

When I was at the grocery store the other day, I grabbed some frozen salmon for my little mister to try. I wasn't sure how to cook it, so I looked around online, and decided that the easiest way would be to steam it in a parchment packet in the oven. So here's what I did (the pictures are TERRIBLE quality...they're from my phone. Bear with me, please!)
2012-07-24_13-15-21_886.jpg 
Take your salmon, and put it onto a parchment sheet. I'm sure you could use tin foil too if that's what you have! Add seasonings...I used olive oil, a few sprinkles of dill, and a little bit of lemon pepper. Add a small amount of water...this is what steams it! (I think I added about a Tablespoon)

Next....

2012-07-24_13-16-33_575.jpg 
Wrap the edges. Make sure that they're wrapped nice and tight, so that the steam doesn't escape!
Pop it into the oven at 425 degrees for about ten minutes. I promise you, it will come out nice and flaky and beautiful!

The last thing you want to do is....
2012-07-24_13-46-37_731.jpg 
Give it to your baby and let him enjoy it! My little mister LOVED it! He couldn't get enough...and it's nice that I've had some leftover for the past 2 days, so he can eat it for lunch. You can also give it to your cat...Snoop enjoyed a few bites too!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Good for Charlie!! Now his mommy just needs to eat it, too!!

    ReplyDelete