Monday, April 23, 2012

Alfredo Sauce and......

Guess what! I get to do a guest post next week of all of my "Favorite things"! I will be posting over here sometime in the next week and a half. I can hardly wait! I've been thinking about what things I would love to get for mothers day...and so far the list is pretty simple and small :)

On to the Alfredo sauce. Last year my sister sent me a recipe for her homemade sauce...and I kept forgetting about it. Until last week. And now, it's in my mind forever. It is so rich and smooth and cheesy! I almost wanted to lick my plate clean yesterday-but I didn't. Here's the recipe:

Alfredo Sauce
1/2 cup butter (real butter makes a creamier sauce!)
8 oz. cream cheese
Garlic powder (add whatever tastes good! Real garlic would be good, too!)
2 cups milk
6 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
Black pepper

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, whisk to get lumps out. Melt cream cheese. Add milk slowly, whisking lumps out. Add Parmesan cheese and pepper. Keep heating over medium heat until it's as thick as you want. It will thicken up after you take it off the stove too, but not a lot.
You could use fettucine, I use whole wheat penne pasta and that's good too.
**For leftovers you will want to add some milk, because it really thickens in the fridge!**

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did...I can't really figure out a way to make it healthier...maybe just add less to your plate! ;)
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Breanne! I haven't seen you in forever! :) Your Alfredo sauce sounds good... Definitely not so healthy, though. And your blog is cute and in my Google Reader queue. :)

    ReplyDelete