Thursday, April 12, 2012

The flu.

We've had the flu coming and going between my family and other members in my extended family this week. Ick. I think it must have been passed during our Easter lunch on Sunday...and I'm really hoping that it goes away soon! Today, I want to share my favorite, and go-to recipe for homemade chicken noodle soup. I'm going to tell you a little secret...I'm not a huge fan of chicken noodle soup, BUT I wanted Mike to have some, to help him feel better!


This is not my picture...though I wish it was!
Here's the recipe:
**I did not measure anything...I just put in as much as I want!**
Uncooked chicken (you can use as much as you want, and whatever type you want.)
Celery
Onion
Garlic-lots!!
Carrots
Water
Bouillon Cubes
Salt
Pepper
Pasta

Chop celery, carrots, onion, and garlic and saute together with a little bit of olive oil...just until they are soft. Put the chicken in and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for the afternoon. I like to cook it for at least 3 hours...just to make sure that the chicken is cooked, and that the flavors are able to come together. Most times, I will just let is simmer on the stove during the whole afternoon. Cook pasta and set it aside. Put pasta in the bowl and pour soup over top.
*If you want to freeze this, do not put the noodles in. They WILL get soggy.
It's really so simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment