Thursday, August 16, 2012

Doubletree Chocolate chip cookies

A few weeks ago, I stayed at the Doubletree hotel with some friends and all of the girls in my family! It was so nice to get away, and to relax and to catch up with some old friends. On top of that, I had, for the first time, one of Doubletrees famous chocolate chip walnut cookies. They were awesome! At the front desk, the attendant pulled them out of a cupboard that kept them nice and warm...and so gooey. So, I had to look up the recipe. Guess what! I found it! I made them up right away, and they were almost exactly like the real thing! This is the recipe that I found. I changed it up, just a TEENY tiny bit.
 

Here's the recipe:
1/2 cup oats (the original recipe says to grind it up, but I didn't do that.)
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 sticks of butter, softened. (I was a little bit short on butter, so I cut mine back by a few tablespoons.  It didn't affect the recipe at all)
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon juice (I didn't measure, just poured. I don't know what in the world this small of an amount of lemon juice would do.)
2 eggs
1 bag of chocolate chips
1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped

Mix together the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside. Cream together butter and sugars, for a few minutes so that it gets light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and lemon juice. mix together. Slowly add in the flour mixture, and beat just until mixed. Add in the chocolate chips and the walnuts. Drop about 1/4 cup of dough onto a cookie sheet (I didn't measure here either). Put the dough about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes, just until golden on top.
Please, please, PLEASE eat these warm with a glass of milk. You will not be disappointed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment